Just a little thing my hubby wrote last night! Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers! Happy Mothers Day Myrtle, Mother, And all the rest that are gone. Love you all!
Dear Mom,
I hope this finds you in good spirits…
I was cussing everyone who drank beer and ate potato chips picking up trash before I mowed my yard. My neighbor was at his mailbox, “Sending all your money to some CEO?” I asked.
“No, just a letter to my mother.” He answered.
“How is she doing?” Really afraid of his answer.
“ Oh, you know good days and bad days. She will read this letter to me when I visit her next week. No telling who it will be from. Last week it was from the preacher who baptized me. The week before it was the doctor who took my appendix out. Before that, the paper boy who always made sure the paper was always on the porch and never got wet. Sometimes it really gets hard, but she enjoys getting mail at the “HOME”. I think of all the things she did without so I could have. The baseball uniform she worked extra hours for to make sure I got to play baseball. Buying roller skates instead of the dress she had her eye on. The sleep she lost waiting for my fever to break or for me to just make it home in one piece. Don’t get me wrong, Dads do what they can but, there is a special almost mystical bond between a mother and her child. Don’t believe me? Just think of all the times you thought you got one over on her but, she knew. Somehow, someway she knew. Think about it.”
And I did. I saw then the look on his face. A kind of sadness, and yet, a twinkle in his eyes. I knew he was seeing the good times.
He looked at me and said,” Well neighbor, you have a yard to mow and I have things to do also.”
I thought for a second, turned toward the house and said, “Not today. I have something more important to do.”
… And that’s what my week has been like Mom. I hope yours has been good. How about lunch this Sunday?
I love you,
Your son
P.S. Happy Mother’s Day!!!
2013
No comments:
Post a Comment